When disaster strikes, strike back


We understand that your home is more than an investment — allow us to ensure you feel prepared and protected when the unexpected happens.

More Info

Rental Properties

Do you own properties that are rented on an occasional or frequent basis? We’ll help you with your unique coverage needs as a landlord.

More Info


Don’t get caught guessing what’s covered by your condo association or co-op. Talk to your agent and explore our coverage products to ensure you’re protected.

More Info

Ready to arm yourself with coastal insurance that redefines protection? Click ‘Get Started’ below. Already a customer? Make a payment or manage your account by clicking the buttons below.

The Velocity Edge

Catastrophe Experience

Catastrophe Experience

We specialize in providing the fastest and fairest coverage in the wake of the most devastating disasters.

Financial Strength

Financial Strength

Experience peace of mind knowing we have the funds to deliver on our promise when it matters the most.

Depth of Offering

Depth of Offering

Beyond your home, we’ll ensure all your most precious assets and possessions are protected.

Why Our Homeowners Coverage?

“Within a week [after Hurricane Irma], the adjustor was here and was very thorough...and I knew things were gonna get taken care of.”

- Sandra, Policy Holder

We built Velocity to provide the insurance coverage you need for your home, condo or part-time residence — ensuring you're fully protected in the worst of disasters. Through speed, service and financial strength, we’re able to deliver on our promise when it matters the most.

Perils covered in the face of disaster















(Not all States)
Which states do you serve?

We offer homeowners insurance in six states:

New Jersey
New York
North Carolina

How can I get a quote?

Please reach out to us at 844-878-7529 to find an agency that is appointed with us.

Why might I need property insurance?

Property insurance protects your home and personal property from covered losses such as storms, fires and water damage. If you have a loan on your home, your lender likely requires that you have property insurance.

Liability insurance protects you if you are responsible when someone is injured at your home or on your property or you’re negligent for damage to their property.

Contact your agent to fully review your needs and identify your customized insurance protection.

What does a homeowners policy protect?

A homeowners policy offers a wide range of property and liability protections. Items typically covered include, but aren’t limited to:

Dwelling: Protection for the physical structure of your home such as walls, roof, floors, cabinets, etc.

Other Structures: Protection for the physical structure of other buildings on your property that are separate from your home, such as a stand-alone garage or a shed.

Personal Property: Personal Property includes items inside your home such as furniture, clothing and electronic equipment. Some coverage is also provided if these belongings are stolen or damaged away from your home.

Liability: This coverage protects you if you are found liable or negligent for causing injury to another person or if you are responsible for causing damage to someone’s property.

What types of coverage do I have?

Various types of coverage and loss are defined in your policy. Some of the most commonly covered losses include:

Water damage from plumbing, furnace, AC or water heater
Fire and smoke
Freezing of plumbing
Windstorm or hail
Falling Objects

There are many other property coverages included or available.

How should I select my coverage limits?

When you purchase Homeowners insurance, it is important that you purchase an amount of coverage that suits your particular needs. For example, make sure that the amount of insurance (Limit) for your dwelling is adequate to replace your home if it is destroyed. Make sure that your Personal Property limit is enough to replace possessions which may be destroyed. If you have any particularly valuable possessions, such as jewelry, you should consider buying specific coverage for those items. There are limits to all coverage, so it is important that you purchase an adequate amount. Always speak with a licensed agent if you have any questions about your coverage.

What is a deductible?

Most insurance coverage includes a deductible. A deductible is the amount of a loss for which you are responsible. Typically, a deductible is presented as a flat dollar amount (ex. $1000), or as a percentage of a coverage limit (ex. 2% of the Dwelling Limit). You may have different deductibles for different types of coverage. Sometimes, a higher deductible will result in a lower premium cost for you. It is important that you understand when and how your deductibles apply. As always, discuss any questions you have with a licensed agent.

What happens once I purchase my policy?

Once you purchase a policy, you will receive what is called a Declarations Page. The “Dec Page” is a summary of the coverage you purchased and contains details including the coverage limits, deductibles, policy term (duration), your premium and other specifics regarding your coverage. The Dec Page also includes many of the home characteristics and assumptions that were used to derive your premium. It is very important that you review the Dec Page for accuracy, and make sure you purchased the coverage you need. Again, discuss any questions or concerns with a licensed agent.

Hurricane Resources

Earthquake Resources

Flood Resources

Ready for a Quote?

We'll help you find a local agent

*Required Information

    Request Quote by Phone

    (615) 942-0740

    Corporate Office

    Velocity Risk Underwriters, LLC
    10 Burton Hills Blvd., Ste 300
    Nashville, TN 37215 (map)

    Product or Policy Inquiries:

    Personal Lines: (844) 878-7529

    Small Commercial: (844) 878-7529

    Large Commercial: (615) 942-0740